Lamberts Zincatest 100ml
Lamberts Zincatest 100ml
Lamberts Zincatest 100ml is a simple non-invasive test that provides an indication of Zinc status and can also be given as a zinc supplement.
- Suitable for vegetarians.
- Non-invasive test for zinc status.
- Can be taken as a zinc supplement.
- Zinc contributes to the normal function of the Immune System.
- Suitable for those who find tablets and capsules difficult to swallow.
Zincatest from Lamberts is recommended for those who find zinc in tablet or capsule from difficult to swallow.
Why is Zinc important?
Zinc is found in the cells of our body, as its required by the immune system to work properly. Zinc is also nrequired for the senses of taste and smell, but ultimately is essential for the role it plays in cell division, cell growth, and the breakdown of carbohydrates.
A national UK survey found that zinc intake was below recommended targets in 43% or men and 45% of women aged 19-50 years. Of children aged 4 and over, 89% had intakes below recommended levels. Among the elderly, more than 62% were not reaching their daily targets. The refining of cereal grains, a major dietary staple in the UK, has been shown to remove up to 90% of the available zinc content of these foodstuffs. This, combined with the trend to eat less animal-derived protein, is likely to be one of the reasons why a staggering one out of three adults in the UK receives less than the RNI for this mineral.
What foods contain Zinc?
Many ready-to-eat breakfast cereals are fortified with zinc, with other rich Food sources including:
Lamberts Zincatest review:
Lamberts Zincatest may be used in one or two ways: A) as a food supplement and B) as a taste test to indicate zinc status.
- A) As a food supplement: Take one 5ml spoonful of Lamberts Zincatest daily. You may wish to dilute this liquid in water or orange juice.
- B) As a taste test to indicate zinc status: Take the test at least one hour after food or drink. Simply add 5ml of Lamberts Zincatest solution to 60ml of water and immediately swirl one 5ml spoonful of the diluted mixture around in th mouth for 10 seconds (this mixture can then be swallowed or spat out).
The taste sensation that results from this test provides an indication of zinc status:
- 1. Tasteless like water: Low
- 2. Slightly dry, furry, mineral-like or even sweet taste develops after a few seconds: Marginally low.
- 3. Definite taste, which intensifies with time: Marginally positive.
- 4. Strong unpleasant taste noticed immediately: Positive.
If response corresponds to 1 or 2 above, use a zinc supplement or Lamberts Zincatest until response improves to 3 or 4. A 3-6 month course may be necessary. A fresh solution should be made up each time a test is required.
- Keep away from children.
- Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
- To be taken on the advice of a practitioner or pharmacist only.
- Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for varied diet.
A clear solution of zinc sulphate.
Each 5ml provides:
Zinc (as Zinc Sulphate) 15mg.
Orders under £65:
Royal Mail £3.99 delivery within 1-3 working days from dispatch.
Orders over £65:
Free Delivery within 1-3 working days from dispatch.
UK delivery charges are charged at a flat rate. This means regardless of what you order, they will not increase. Standard UK £3.99 delivery is sent using the Royal Mail 1st Class Service and your order will be delivered within 2-3 days. Free UK delivery is sent either by Royal Mail 1st Class Service or via a Courier. For international deliveries please check ourpage.