Naturya Organic Lucuma Powder 300g
Naturya Organic Lucuma Powder 300g is a good source of minerals, with a generous amount of iron. Low in acid but rich in starch, the Pouteria Lucuma has long been used in traditional medicines and is thought to have antioxidant properties. Lucuma also contains phosphorus and calcium, which help's strengthen bones and teeth. Intensely flavoured, with a bright orange flesh and a unique caramel flavour, Lucuma is the most widely loved ice cream flavour in Peru.
- 100% natural.
- Natural alternative to sugar.
- A source of carotene, iron, niacin & calcium.
- Low in acid, rich in starch.
- Versatile baking ingredient.
- Vegan friendly.
Lucuma tastes sweet but is only 17% sugar, all of which are unrefined and naturally occurring. It also has a high fibre content, which helps to regulate blood sugar levels by slowing the entry of glucose into the bloodstream. This makes lucuma a useful alternative sweetener to the empty calories of sugar.
The Lucuma fruit can be eaten raw but is commonly used as a flavouring in home-made ice cream and can be used to supplement a wide variety of desserts. Its maple syrup/ butterscotch like taste means it can be used in almost any sweet-tasting recipe. Other suggested uses of lucuma include:
- Smoothie ingredient.
- Sugar alternative.
- Pie, pastry and cake mix ingredient.
- Raw chocolate recipe ingredient.
- Lucuma Powder can be added to water, juices or smoothies. It's pleasant flavour means lucuma powder is often used as an ingredient in desserts.
- Store in a cool, dry place, out of direct sunlight. Keep out of reach of children.
- If you are pregnant, breastfeeding or taking any medications, please consult a doctor before use.
Organic Lucuma Powder
Orders under £65:
Royal Mail £3.99 delivery within 1-3 working days from dispatch.
Orders over £65:
Free Delivery within 1-3 working days from dispatch.
UK delivery charges are charged at a flat rate. This means regardless of what you order, they will not increase. Standard UK £3.99 delivery is sent using the Royal Mail 1st Class Service and your order will be delivered within 2-3 days. Free UK delivery is sent either by Royal Mail 1st Class Service or via a Courier. For international deliveries please check ourpage.